My name is Shanika Mitchell I’m a high school senior at Boston Community Leadership Academy, and I’m eighteen years old. I was born in Boston, MA but was raised in Peabody, MA. When I first moved from Peabody back to Boston, I didn’t know anybody. I was at a Roxbury Charter High School and I felt a little nervous and out of place. I really didn’t want to go that school, I wanted to go to Charlestown where my family was, but my mother insisted that I go to Roxbury Charter. After a while the school got shut down and I ended up at BCLA, once again I was a new student at a new school, and I didn’t know anybody, except the other students that also came from the Roxbury Charter. I was a little nervous again but I got through the school year okay. When the new school year started back up at BCLA, I knew people because last year I made a lot of friends plus I had friends from Boxbury Charter, and I also had a cousin who went to the school as well. The first person to help me out with everything in this school was Wendy Nunez, Wendy and I play softball together and we kinda motivate each other. She’s the only person I can tell everything to because I trust her, and I love her for that too. I have a great personality, and I’m real easy to get along with, I have a lot of friends and I’m real close to mostly all of the administrators’ at the school.  I have four best friends that I consider my sisters and I'm glad to call them my family. They’ve been there for me and I love them with all my heart. I have one biological brother and three step sisters, but I consider them my real sisters, and my nephew who’s always full of energy. My two youngest sisters look up to me, and I like that because I have someone that looks up to me instead of me looking up to someone. My biggest struggle right now is trying to graduate high school, I know I can do it but I’m still a little nervous. I have big dreams after I graduate and I really want those dreams to happen. My goal right is to graduate from McIntosh College and achieve my dream of being a wedding cake designier. I wanted to go to Johnson & Whales but I have to do a little more work before I could go there, but when I do get the credits  I need I'm going there next. Cooking has always been my passion and I want it to be my career.  I want to be able to design the best wedding cakes and I want people to recognize me for what I love to do. I think that everyone has their own perspective on what is happening in Boston today and everyone has something different to say, because there’s something different going on  everywhere in life. When I first started this project I didn’t know where to start, I didn’t know how I was going to form my questions or who I was going to interview. So I based my questions and interviews on the people who one you would least expect and two the ones who live the life of violence and how it effects them, so I felt as though I should educate people on the main issue in Boston today. And the things people said was educating and heart breaking, because you would never expect some of the things going on today.