When I think about how I’ve grown as a scholar, I begin to think about all f the assignments I’ve done throughout the whole year many assignments come to mind. Seeing that I’ve done a great deal of work all I can say that all my assignments have helped me grow as a writer, reader, student etc.

The first assignment that I can say has helped me grow was the paper were we assigned to write discussing the topic ephiphobia, which is the fear of teens. I am a teenager myself, and I find this very interesting, because there are people that are scared of teens because the stereotypes that are placed upon us as well as the reputation that some of the teens give us. “I understand that there are some teens that do fulfill these stereotypes, but to categorize all teens isn’t a good thing, because you leave out the ones that are doing something with their lives.” This assignment was one that I got real into, because I was very disturbed by it, because this answered many questions that I had, when it came to the fact about why no adults wanted to help teenagers organize any events, programs etc. The answer was because they feared them, due to the reputation that had.

The second assignment that I choose, because it helped me develop into the person I am now, and that is the essay to the Mayor. The reason I choose this assignment, because we were assigned to write anything to the mayor about what we felt, and how he could help better the community. For me I decided to discuss about the violence, and the crime rate. “Violence is something that people just want to do, they do it because there is nothing else for them to do.  When I say this I mean, because the programs are all gone, and now you want to give them back.” I wrote this, because before when he had programs there wasn’t that much violence, and now that they took away all the programs now there is violence. I feel as though now that they realize that they have a problem they want to try and correct it by putting the programs back. Now no one wants to attend them, because “you take something away, and then try to give back.”

In the end, when I choose these two assignments they made me think a great deal, and they were ones that affected me a great deal in school in out. For the simple fact that I was viewing them in the real world when I stepped out of my learning environment, and went home.  Each assignment that I had to complete in this class shaped me into the person I am now.