Example Image
Academic scholarship

To show my academic capabilities, I chose to show my LowellMills picture to story paper. I chose this piece of writing, because in order to write it I had to imagine and think of myself as an eleven year old mill worker. It was hard to right the paper, because I really got into it, and although it may sound weird I actually felt her pain. It was ridiculous the position that those little children had been put in, and the circumstances that they had to work in. in writing this paper, I believe it proved my knowledge about the issue, along with allowing myself to be open, and be able to express, and understand all that they went through. This paper was bittersweet, because although I was writing about a bad situation, it was good for me to place myself in another person’s position. I learned to value what I have more, and learned now to take things for granted. The next is the survey I took for my PAR project. One might think of a survey and think it’s easy but it’s really not! Passing out the surveys was the easy part, but then I had to tally up the responses, get percentages, and make graphs for each of the questions. I had to decide which category to put questions in, and from what aspect I wanted to look at things whether it is age, sex, or maybe even neighborhood. I believe this shows my academic scholarship, because I it was hard work but I still didn’t give up, but instead tried my best, asked questions, and got through it!