The major writing/assignment that represents my growth as a historical thinker and writer is my Term 1 Essay. This essay was bringing all our information or “mini” essays together into a bigger paper and identifying 3 “social forces” that affected the three major case studies and creating a thesis.

I remember that the two major challenges for me were finding three social forces that encompassed all three case studies and getting it to be more than 5 pages. Now, looking back at these two challenges, it reminds me of looking back at baby pictures; laughable but memorable. These two challenges are neither stress causing nor time consuming. When asked to write 5 pages now, I can write MORE than 5 pages with relative ease. Also, when asked to find social forces that affect three things and create a thesis, I already have one building in my head.

Although I successfully completed this assignment, I did have some weaknesses. I completed the paper late and also have problems bringing my ideas to life. Now I am able to do both with no problem although I do like to wait until the last minute to complete something (I’m actually typing this 10 hours before it’s due), I am able to complete my work to the same standards as a person who does their work early. Moreover, this piece show my growth from the beginning of the year September 4, 2006 to today June 5th, 2007; this shows that I am able to identify that I've changed and that the change was more positive than negative.