Reflection

This class was the most attention spending, time consuming, energy eating class I have ever taken. However, I still LOVED it! I wouldn’t want to spend my senior year any other way. I believe our school is the only school that can say, “I wrote a 50 page paper (in a month) about youth leadership. I came up with my question, thesis, and created GIS maps, surveys and graphs to prove my answer. Along with interviews and CBO sites.” I believe the reason why this class was loved by so many was because it taught us our local history and showed us that we could create a voice for youth and make a change with that voice. Moreover, since we were the thousandth school to create a digication, our work will be showcased around the nation!

Key advice? Do not procrastinate!!!! It will hurt you throughout the whole year. Turn all your work in early; off if late. Pay attention, this is one class you cannot sleep in or pass by in. You work, you earn your grade. Save everything!! You will need it all for portfolio and be organized. Organization will help! Since the class of 2007 was the guinea pigs, we made sure all the cranks are out, so enjoy this class and have fun.

This class fully prepares you for college. Looking back at the beginning of the year, I was no where near prepared for college, now in June 2007 I can finally say “I’m ready for college!” Moreover, this class has made me a “scholar leader”. I can now understand a problem and make a change. My voice is heard even though I’m a youth. I am a youth, not afraid to speak, listen and learn from others. I am a youth leader ready to make a change now, in college and beyond thanks to the help of Liou, Mali and everyone else who helped!!