My name is Chantel James. I was born October 26, 1988 and grew up in Boston, Massachusetts. I have one brother (13). I’m over energetic, usually smiling and I hate mornings, they feel like death. I hate dogs, clowns, and kids. I love sleeping, eating, and talking to myself. We want to expose that there is a difference between school districts and types of schools. As a student in the Boston Public Schools, I have been faced with many obstacles that have had the power to shatter my future. However, obstacles with this power have enabled me to grow as a student and as an adult in many ways. When I look back to me as a freshman, I wasn’t able to take someone correcting my writing. I actually would get very upset. I am now able to take direct criticism towards my work without being extremely hurt. Moreover, I’ve learned that criticism helps me grow throughout my writing. One main way that obstacles have enabled me to grow is by me taking my education seriously. If I don’t take it seriously, no one will. I’ve also concluded that even though I don’t have an abundance of resources, it’s my responsibility to use all the resources that I am given to the fullest and to remember that an education has the same amount of power, no matter where you go and it’s up to me to treat it that way. The reason why I said that being a BPS student, I’m faced with many obstacles  because automatically when I say that I’m a BPS student, I’m labeled as inferior and people begin to look down at you, even other kids in the BPS system. I remember leaving a charter high school and going to a pilot school. The kids at my old charter school actually looked down at the kids in my school. Moreover, we look down at kids in public schools, unconsciously. It’s due to stereotypes put in front of us.  Moreover, it’s our decision to fulfill that stereotype or to break it and surprise them all. My goal of doing this project is to expose the differences between school districts. Moreover, I want to inform many that youth leadership can happen anywhere, it’s up to us teens to make it happen.