Acknowledgement Sheet:

First and foremost I would like to thank God for putting me on this earth and giving me the loving and supporting family that I have and adore. I would like to acknowledge my parents, Alsacia and Julio. Many times they have encountered obstacles but surmount them in attempts to teach their children that everything is possible with a vision and hard work. If it were not for my parents, I do not know where I would be today. They have been the inspiration in anything and everything I do. I know as they watch me grow they expect great things and I will make sure those expectations become more than just an expectation but a reality. My siblings are also a great part of the decisions I make. My older sister, Mariel, has influenced me to strive for greatness, as I follow her influence to attend college to earn a bachelors degree. I hope that I too empower my little brother, Julito, to take these same steps and become another success for my family. My older siblings, Sheila and Elias, who although do not live with me, make sure I keep my mind in the right direction, remain in school and obtain a college degree.

There are various people I would like to dedicate a shout out to.

My best friend Arielys, who has been there through it all and has watched me fall and rise through all of my hardships, including educational hardships as well as personal. I admire her for her resilience and her joyous personality. She’s a great person and an astounding best friend. I would also like to give a shout out to my Senior Capstone class for striving to work to the best of their ability this long, but specially, throughout the year and being a part of my life for the past nine months. They have made my experience in Humanities fulfilling and enriching. A special thanks goes out to the person whom guided me throughout this research, Kevin McCaffrey, a remarkable Humanities teacher and person. Without him, I would not have been able to finish this paper nor endure the long hours I managed to stay awake at night to complete it to the best of my ability.

I dedicate this to the youth in the city of Boston.

As I was conducting research for the paper, I caught myself thinking of whom I want to address. Whom did I wish to impact? The answer was simple. I would like to dedicate this paper to the public school youth who believe that an education is better elsewhere than a public institution. I want to make clear that an education anywhere helps you achieve your goals and that whether you graduate from a public, private, pilot, or a parochial institution you have reasons to dream of triumph and success.